15.3.07

Hungry For Overkill

I don't have got much time to watch television. Being the lazy individual that I am, I usually allow other people in the household make my observation for me.

But some events are just so of import that I have got to watch them myself. Such was the lawsuit with the finals of this year's American Idol. The space shuttlecock Columbia River clang in Texas earlier in the twelvemonth was another event that (sadly) I just had to watch. And I certainly did not desire to lose the bang of seeing the America's Cup canvas into Switzerland.

Of course, I regularly turn on the tubing whenever a Saint George Shrub occupies Iraq. Hopefully, this 1 will soon complete invading; my electricity measure is suffering.

The up-to-the-minute must-see event is the Michael Jackson arrest, an event of such as big importance that all intelligence shows, chitchat shows, comedy shows and just about everybody else is offering wall-to-wall coverage. It have been estimated that 37% of the American population have been interviewed by the mass media for their inside-knowledge of "the dad superstar's" personal life.

So I was most aghast when I flipped to a transmission channel that was not helping me track down the most absorbing bosom inside information and most challenging and succulent minutiae of all things Michael Jackson.

"What?!" I demanded. "This is impossible. What is this trash?"

"That's Touched by an Angel," my married woman offered. "It's one of your favourite shows."

"That's no excuse," I blustered. "The web should be hot on the Jackson case. How could this be? I'm calling the cablegram company to complain."

"But dear ..." my married woman tried to interrupt.

"It's no use," I insisted as I dialed. "My head is made up. Don't seek to halt me."

"But dear ..." my married woman tried to disrupt me again.

"I am sorry. There is simply no alibi for dissemination pure amusement when there are of import inside information about Michael Jackson to be uncovered."

"But dear ..." my married woman tried once more.

"Hello? Cable Company? I desire to lodge a most serious complaint."

"But we don't acquire cablegram out here," my married woman broke in. "We have got artificial satellite TV."

"Oh."

"Look. There are some 395 channels, and at least 70% of them are airing Michael Jackson stories. Don't you believe that's astatine least, oh, let's say, 70% overkill?" my married woman asked.

"You don't understand. This is important. The whole world is watching. This adult male have changed the face of music."

"Yes, that's what some of his famous person co-workers are saying", my married woman rolled her eyes. "As if people who alteration the face of music have got all been vaccinated against child-molesting."

"That's not the point. There are so many inside information to uncover. We cognize he wishes Bluegrass State Fried Chicken, but makes he eat quiche? Everybody cognizes that existent work force don't eat quiche. Could that be his problem?

"Let it go, Happy Guy," my married woman advised. "It just doesn't pay to acquire so caught up in all the television drama. Besides, this is a serious probe with a serious complaint and it should be left to the authorities."

I sank down into the couch. My married woman was finally starting to do sense. "What are you going to make now?" she asked.

"I believe I'll watch Touched by an Angel."

"Ah, that's the hubby I cognize and love."

"Right now Michael Jackson could utilize an angel, and so could all those kids. I mean, what can one small territory lawyer do?" I moaned.

My married woman moaned, too. I was amazed that she would suddenly demo such as support.

"I know," I said, lighting up. "Never mind the cablegram company. I'll name Tess. She can put Michael Jackson straight."

No comments: